Thursday, December 8, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

Savannah has just spent the last two hours playing with Lego men. When I left to clean the bathroom the pirates were putting all the happy people in jail. Because jail is for happy people.

I have spent every day this week running errands like a crazy woman. Today I am staying home, dang it! (Unfortunately, the house is in some serious need of cleaning. Dang it!)

I've been rereading The Hunger Games. I don't know if I'm more disturbed than I was when I read it the first time or just that I can't remember when the feeling of being disturbed was lost in wanting to know what happens. The violence just really gets to me.

Tonight, is Russ's work Christmas party. Russ doesn't like the idea of using his free time with people he works with every day. I am excited to eat good food I don't have to pay for or clean up!

Russ knows almost everything he is getting for Christmas and his birthday. He just needs to have input on most of the items. I feel bad that he doesn't get a surprise though.

3 comments:

B said...

I haven't re-read the Hunger Games because I was disturbed the first time I read the series. I want to before going to see the movie but just keep putting it off.

Just tell Russ that surprises are overrated anyway. :)

Allison said...

Chris knows pretty much everything he's getting, too. As much as I'd love to surprise him, it's just better for all parties involved if we do it this way. Of course, I know pretty much everything I'm getting, too. That's the way it is this year.

The Woolf Pack said...

I think there must be something wrong with me because I liked the Hunger Games & wasn't disturbed. I shouldn't admit that.

I hope he still acts surprised though, thats how I like to do it. I wish I could have been there for the Russ/Savannah shopping trip. ;)