Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Family Christmas Letter/Blog Post

So once again I have been a slacker at sending Christmas cards/letters. This is, however the first year I feel like I have a real excuse. We spent October and most of November moving AND I look like a beached whale and do not want any pictures of me at the moment. If I had been good about Christmas cards in the past then I think this excuse would fly. But as it is, most of you know that I really stink in this department, and while defiant in November when I get cards from all of you in December I always feel bad and resolve that next year will be the year. I can only hope for 2012.

While we don't have Christmas cards/letters I did want to do a year recap (if only for myself) as this year has been an eventful year for our family. I'm not trying to be braggy, so if it comes across that way I am sorry, but I do want to remember the highlights of the year as it has been eventful. So read if you want, ignore if you want. I'll never know.




Savannah (3). Savannah grew up this year from being a toddler to being a little girl and she is a doll! She has such a zest for life and can get enthusiastic about the most mundane of tasks that she really is a joy to be around. She learned to ride a bike this year and she has also learned most of her letters and numbers up to 20. She desperately wants to be in school like her sister and misses her while she is gone.


Abbie (5). Abbie's exciting news is that she started kindergarten this year! She has loved it and is doing very well in all of her classes. It has been fun for us as parents to see her reach out  and make some great friends at school. Abbie also learned to ride a bike with no training wheels this year! Abbie is my sweetheart who is always aware and concerned of the feelings of those around her and does an amazing job of helping anyone who might be sad or upset.
(When looking for pictures I found this. Which I had saved as,
Russ will kill me for posting this.)

Russ (Ageless). Russ's exciting news is that he got a new job this year. While his old company was very good for us, after a lot of thought and prayer we deciding it was time for a change. His new job allows him to do a lot more illustration work, which he loves and has been a great blessing for our family. Russ also participated in the Snowbird Hill climb which is a 10 mile canyon ride that any normal person would think of as torture, but he seemed to love.

Emily (Aging). Emily's exciting news is that I am  pregnant and not sick! For those of you who were with me through my other two pregnancies you know that this is a very big deal for me. The other exciting thing I did this year is a 60 mile bike race in June and a triathlon in May. For those of you who are serious bikers I know it isn't a lot, but I was pretty darn proud of myself.

Family (Growing). The most exciting family news is an addition of a baby brother coming in March that we are all thrilled about. But the other big news is that we sold our house. Both of these events are real miracles for which we are very, very, grateful for and are looking forward to all of the changes they will mean in 2012.

3 comments:

B said...

I say this is just as good as a Christmas card . . . of course maybe that is my guilt talking because I never send out cards! Thanks for the update on your family. I miss you guys!!

Becky said...

Loved the update! I hope the coming year goes well for you.

Jen said...

Wow... sold your house and you're expecting.... and it's a BOY?!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Best wishes!!!