Please note my holey socks, no really
After the holidays. Check.
During the winter when we do not want to go outside as often. Check. Check. Check. (The high today is supposed to be 20 frign' degrees.)
Sooo, um, yeah.
I don't know why the reticence. Abbie potty trained very easily. Really I was very, very lucky.
I guess I don't think lighting strikes twice.
And, Savannah and Abbie have very different personalities.
And, I have heard enough potty training horror stories recently to remind me what could happen.
When I try to talk to her excitedly about the option she just says "No, I don't want to." This might have something to do with a consuming fear of falling into the toilet, despite the presence of a trainer seat.
So hear I sit wasting valuable "stick around the house" time.
If you have any positive potty training stories, feel free to share them now. Oh, all right I want to hear the negative too (It will justify the fact I am a wimp.)

3 comments:
In our family the promise of underoos always works. They go on a special shopping outing where they get to choose (with Savannah I am guessing Tinkerbell will be the choice) their own big kid panties. Then it is always stated that we want to keep tinkerbell dry. Of course I don't have to be around for the accidents or clean up, but it always seems to move potty training along (at least from my vantige point).
Good luck!
I started Carter a month ago. It was his choice (he would take off his diaper, pee in the toilet.. including getting himself on and off) and come back to me with the diaper to put it on. Ugh. Fine. I will do it. Now a month later, he is dry most days, all day.. If I take him every few hours. He rarely tells me. And, he has only pooped ONCE in the toilet which = lots of poopy underwear which is so disgusting. Luckily I am pass the barfing stage, or that would just be another huge mess. Anyway, I think she will do fine as long as she has some interest. Everyone says that girls are easier than boys. And, definately since you are confined to the house is a great time to get it done!!
This may sound absolutely crazy, but just let her run around the house stark naked for a couple days. If you really don't have anywhere to go then I promise it really works! She will have accidents, but kids can't stand the feeling of it... so if she has the option to go on the toilet then she'll learn very quickly that that is the better option! Make sure to give her lots of liquid too, so that she has the urge. Now that I've been a huge jerk, telling you something you probably already know, I should tell you that this is how my son potty trained, and he did have a hard time realizing once he was back in clothes (with underwear on instead of a diaper) that he STILL had to go to the toilet instead of being able to go whenever he wanted in his pants. So we very often had a naked boy running around the house when we were at home, because it was just easier. It's kind of cute to see there little bodies running around though ;) Good luck!
Post a Comment