Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Goals

Last year I did okay with my goal to try a new recipe and blog about it every week. I only missed two weeks in December. 50/52 is still an A right? ( You can tell I teach.) Where I most significantly struggled was blogging about it weekly. For the most part I still commented on a recipe (even if it was a few weeks later) but typing out the recipes became a little too tedious to maintain my interest throughout the year. Granted I am confident that you wouldn't have wanted some of them, and I tried to give you the ones I thought you would enjoy the most, but still that is where I failed.

I've been thinking about goals for this new year and to be honest I'm still trying to figure it out. Our big family goal  (selling our house) didn't happen last year. Until yesterday I was quite optimistic about this year, but with some unfortunate news I am thrust into a a complete reevaluation of what and where we will be as a family at the end of 12 months.

 So back to me and what I want to do this year for my personal goals and if it at all ties in to this blog in any way.

I don't know.

 I am however grateful that last year I developed quite the habit of searching out new recipes and trying them, a habit that I'm hoping to maintain in the coming year. I just don't think I want to tie myself to trying to blog about it weekly. If I find something exceptionally great/fun/horrific though I'm sure to share. Because one thing I definitely learned about myself is that I love food. I think it brings people together in a way that can ease tension, and uplift spirits, and it tastes really darn good (most of the time.) So I'll keep cooking, and blogging about the rest of my life and we'll go from there.

3 comments:

B said...

Food is definitely my friend also! Love it! Good luck to you with all your goals this coming year.

The Woolf Pack said...

I didn't even make any goals for this year. Unless you count moving back to sunny Las Vegas as one. Maybe I should try the recipe thing except my kids don't seem to have a love of food. I'm always happy when you post new recipes. They were fun to try.
I hope the girls are feeling better. I can't believe how sick everyone had been down there. Yuck!

Prepared Polly said...

No wonder we are friends after all these years. :) I can relate to every word you just posted. I'm so grateful for you!