My recipe of the week is a Sponge Cake that will turn into Blackberry Jam Cake tomorrow for my birthday party with my family. It is sad that I made a special request to make my own birthday cake. But, hey it was fun. I got to whip egg whites and everything.
This last week we've had beautiful fall weather and spent almost every day outside. Today it was a bike ride to the park through beautiful fall leaves. Sadly that ends on Monday with a massive storm.
I am just starting to think about Christmas shopping and I want to run the other way. I never truly appreciated the task my mother undertook each year to buy presents for six kids that all appeared perfectly fair, and were exactly what would fulfill the wildest Christmas dreams of each and every one. If you don't already know it, my mother is a saint.
I just finished reading the book Born to Run. If you like to run you will love this book. I hate running and was still amazed, impressed, and am contemplating, thinking about the possibility of running. If you know me that is saying a lot.
My next book is Educating Esme. It is a memoir of a first year teacher in inner-city Chicago. Should be interesting.
Any ideas what to get my kids for Christmas?
My kids are singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" in the bathtub and it makes me laugh.
I have become addicted to the internet radio Pandora.



5 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope it is wonderful! As for Christmas ideas-- I am at a loss since I have boys. I too am in love with Pandora and ask everyday "Where have you been my whole life?" Hope all is well.
Oh my goodness, Savannah's eyes in that middle picture are AMAZING! Watch out. She's going to be trouble!
Christmas--the bane of every parent's existence. The nice thing at this age is as long as they're opening a present they've never seen before (or perhaps have seen but simply the fact that it's wrapped up increases the value) kids are usually easy to please on Christmas.
We love Pandora, too. I made the applesauce chicken. It was terrific except I think I had to 'ad-lib' to many things because the liquid tasted like plain old water. Added salt and pepper which made it taste good. I will definitely try it again, but with the correct ingredients. I also wondered if the applesause was too liquidy.
Hi Emily! Happy Birthday! Christmas... hmmmm... You can't go wrong with Disney, right?? I don't know what to get my kids either yet. Not about the blog, but my own random thought about us...
I recently went through a bunch of old pictures, and found about 5 of you and me!! One from ballet when we were 4 and 5, and then a few from when we were about 13?? Funny. I wish I could show you. BTW, your girls are just stunningly beautiful!!
I had a lot of catching up to do with all your blog posts. I have been slacking. I missed you birthday and I have been meaning to call you guys for weeks now. I'm a mess.
Your girls looked so cute at Halloween. And your St. George trip looked like so much fun. Makes me miss the Southwest.
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment