I got this recipe from Brenda and will bless her for the rest of my life (which has probably been shortened by eating it) for it.
Two notes: I didn't use a vanilla bean because they are $8.00 a pop at the grocery store. The dessert is still amazing but I strongly suspect it would be better with said bean. I do now have a source that is getting beans at $.85/bean if you are interested. Also, don't double this recipe for a family gathering basing that decision on who usually shows up. If you do, half the people wont be able to be there and you will have way, way, way, too big a temptation on your hands. I'm just sayin'.
Vanilla Pudding with Strawberry Sauce
Pudding Ingredients:
-4 egg yolks
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-4 cups heavy cream
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 vanilla bean
-1 cup white chocolate chips
Coulis Ingredients:
-1 pound frozen strawberries, thawed
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 lemon, juiced
Directions:
In a medium-sized bowl, beat together egg yolks and cornstarch. Set aside. In a large saucepan bring the cream, sugar and vanilla bean (cut in open length wise) to a boil over medium heat. Add the white chocolate chips, then reduce the heat to low. Temper the egg yolks with a little of the cream mixture, then pour the egg yolks back into the cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the pudding into 6 (6 oz) ramekins. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Strain the mixture with a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Top the pudding with the coulis and garnish with whipped cream and fresh strawberries before serving.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Sounds fantastic! Luckily I'm not on a diet and I think I will have to try this one out. ;)
I got the vanilla beans! I made this dessert again and it is much better (richer flavor) with the bean.
So yummy!
Post a Comment