Our house is officially for sale. This has been quite a process for us. We hadn't expected to put our home up for sale for a few more months. Then over the last few months and through a serious of fortunate and unfortunate events we pushed the timing up. We are not selling in a good market. We are listing our house for almost exactly the same price it was when we bought it. And now my job is to keep my house ready to show to a complete stranger every time I leave it. ( I know several of you have done this with young children and my hat goes off to you.) Needless to say things have become a little stressful around these parts. Despite all of that, I really believe that this is what we need to be doing right now, so like most things it is best to just plow forward.
Outside of the mundane stresses of the process I have a lot of mixed emotions. It is time for our family to move on, but we have made some dear friends in this area that I will miss. We also don't know where we are going or what exactly the next step will be. (Ask Russ how well I deal with uncertainty.) There are some safe options, some exciting options, and some options I wish weren't on the table.
However it could be possible that I wont need to worry about any of these things as it took my friends 18 months to sell their house.
8 comments:
I heard you were selling! Good Luck, I hope that everything goes smoothly.
It makes me very sad to think that you will be leaving me . . . BUT I am sure the that the change for you will be grand! Although I have to admit that I won't be praying for your house to sell anytime quick out of purely selfish reasons of course. :)
I wish you the best in your desires to sell your home. Do not stress about your home being clean. Do your best-- but don't worry. All it does is stress your life more. Believe me-- not worth it. Call me if you need support, to vent, whatever. Been there, done that, happy to help.
Sounds like an adventure. I know how the whole uncertainty thing goes...still not sure what state we will be living in come November, but the options are kind of fun. Good luck!
I really like your blog layout.
Would you believe that I've never sold a house, with or without children so I can only empathize? Sounds like a full time job.
I don't envy you the process of moving, but it is exciting at the same time.
well i hope you're moving to south ogden. even though it's been 3 yrs, i occasionally blog-stalk you guys. your girls are beautiful. :)
Good luck with everything! It sucks not to know for sure where you're going, but I'm sure things will just work out for you. Keep me posted!
Good luck Emily! I can't imagine how hard that would be to keep the house perfect all the time! I'm sure it will all work out when it's supposed to! Can't wait to hear about your next big adventure!
Post a Comment