Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday !

Today is Abbie's birthday. We celebrated on Saturday. Abbie's best friend is a boy but she is enamored with all things princess so we decided to do a Princesses & Pirates party. It was a lot of fun. We went on a treasure hunt, pinned the crown on Belle, tossed the bear in the treasure chest and had sail boat hot dogs for lunch. However the best part for Abbie was that all her friends gave her "squishy hugs."  I think my favorite moment of the weekend was seeing her in her new Belle dress walking around the drive way with her magnifying glass looking for bugs.

Abbie is my sweet heart. She cares very much about everyone's feelings and does a great job trying to cheer you up if you are down. She is a very obedient child and very helpful around the house. She is a great big sister and - most of the time - loves to  have Savannah following her around copying her every move. She loves to learn and is excited by the world around her. She loves books, bugs, planets, princesses, the mountains and to explore every place she goes. She has a great enthusiasm for life. This year I've loved to see her come out of her shell and show her exuberance and excitement to the people around her. She has developed a great deal of self-confidence and it just makes me laugh when she will yell out, "I'm the best!" as she masters a new skill (i.e. balancing on the curb). May she always have such self-esteem.

5 comments:

B said...

The first picture almost looks like she is holding a mirror. Very cute!

Heather said...

looks like a super fun party. happy birthday!

The Woolf Pack said...

Happy Birthday Abbie! When Russ told me she had asked for a magnifying glass and a Belle dress, I laughed out loud. She is such a fun personality. We wish we lived closer so that we could see the girls more often.

delagray said...

Great pictures. Fun party. I must say the picture of the Princess and the Magnifying Glass is a prize picture.
Cool blog picture. One of my great joys is hearing your girls' isms. Two minds, huh? I like that one.
Oooo. 103 temp. Despite all, it's great you could attend the temple with Erica (sp?). I am so excited for her.

Chelle and Aaron said...

Nice compromise with the pirate/princess theme. Looks like fun!