I don’t sew. Sewing makes me want to swear. But I was inspired by my seamstress sister in law to sew my daughter’s Easter dresses. “It is easy. You can finish the dress in two hours,” she told me. (Mental note – never listen to Nicki when she tells you a sewing project is easy.) So I found some adorable fabric used the same “easy” pattern and began.
Now I may be crazy but I’m not stupid – I know that I don’t know a lot about sewing. So I started the project at my mom’s.
Ten hours, one really bad unpicking moment, and not the best language later, this is what we have!

10 comments:
Ha ha ha ha I totally understand!! I took some sewing classes at USU and that's exactly how I felt... but you did a great job--the dresses are cute!
They turned out fabulous! Good job!
Turned out great. Look at you-- well on your way to a new hobby. :)
They really are adorable dressed, and thanks to you my girls think I'm mean for not making them Easter dresses this year.
I love how Abbie looks so excited in the picture, and Savannah looks like she's about ready to let you have it for making her pose in a dress when she'd rather be getting dirty in the sand :)
"adorable dresses"! I meant to say "dresses", because I'm pretty sure your kids are adorable whether or not they're dressed :P
Great job, Emily! Sewing is also not a talent I have, although I try hard when I do it (maybe once or twice a year.) I love the fabric, too.
Super cute Em! Way to Go!
adorable! are you taking orders? :O)
You're awesome! You are also much braver than I am!
I am truly impressed. Great job. The girls look so cute in them. Your play days look so fun. You got some really great pictures. Love Savannah's smile in the last picture from the girls' trip. Abbie looks like she enjoyed sewing.
Post a Comment