Tuesday, March 16, 2010

B

So the new recipe for the week was a bust. Asparagus with Balsamic Reduction and Romano Cheese over Pasta. It sounds good. The recipe makes the reduction just like you do for the famed asparagus. But alas no go. The reduction was, well, reduced in potency when put all over the pasta. There wasn't enough asparagus to add to the flavor. The three dollar fresh basil could not even be tasted because of the mild balsamic flavor that was in everything and well it just seemed like a soggy, warm, pasta salad. I even added grilled chicken at the last minute to make it feel more like a main dish but unfortunately it was too last minute and they had no flavor at all.


I give it a B -. It was fine, but not good and not worth fixing again I ate the leftovers for lunch today (Russ "forgot" them.) and they were fine but I wouldn't reheat them if there were any more left.

Sigh.

3 comments:

The Steeds said...

Well, I guess you win some and lose some. There is always next week. :)

Chelle and Aaron said...

There is nothing worse than a new recipe that falls flat. On a happier note, I tried the Tikka Massala recipe you posted and it was divine. Thank you, thank you.

delagray said...

As usual, I'm two or three blogs behind. I love the doll story. Wish I could be a fly on the wall at your home.
I thought the carrots looked yummy - especially the glazed part. I might even be tempted to make some.