Now in the interest of full discloser these brownies were actually made on Friday and don't meet the requirement for a new recipe this week. But as I already did a new recipe last week, and this week is crazy busy I am going to count it. Hey, this is my blog and I'm in charge here. (Insert tough voice if need be.)
The best part of these brownies is that the recipe makes them double thick. Not Betty Crocker double thick or Dunkin Hines double thick -- but double double thick with a cream cheese layer in the middle and again on top. I am speaking from memory here as the brownies did not last long. My only complaint is that the recipe makes them in a 8" x 8" pan. While this is better for my thighs, my taste buds are crying out in anger and frustration. It is cruel to give someone ambrosia and then take it away so quickly.
I will also say this. It is very soothing to stir melting chocolate and butter in a double broiler. It is the closest my life gets to peace, joy, and harmony.
Now on to the randomness....
Flashlights have proved to have great entertainment value for my children. I am grateful for this.
I think everyone needs a vacation to somewhere warm and sunny with sandy beaches in January of February. Too bad not all of us get them.
I found this great website that has hairstyle ideas for little girls. I have always been lazy with my own hair so this has been one of many skills that I have been severely under prepared in as a mother of two little girls. But thankfully in a matter of weeks I have learned how to french braid, do corn rows twist braid and spend very little time doing it. I think I'm developing my inner princess.
This weekend I am going on a sleepover with the Young Women. I am grateful I love them because looking at a weekend with that much sleep deprivation isn't pretty.
Abbie and I were
She had gotten everything out of the diaper bag herself. I am always amazed with how big and independent she is. I swear she was just a baby. Sigh.
Don't know if I love the self satisfaction more, the pretty pose or the fact that legos will entertain her for hours.






6 comments:
I NEED to try those brownies!
And I agree about the sandy beaches...they didn't even tell us they were going!
Also, cute hair! I used to do really cute things with Vicki's hair, but no one wants me to play with their hair anymore. Maybe the pictures on that website would inspire them.
mmmmm..brownies...yum!!
I love that hair website. On my blog, on the right side, I have some more links to other hair blogs. I love that people come up with it and show us how to do it!
You have the most beautiful girls! Russ is definitely going to have to take out the shotgun when they become teenagers! :) I think that I need that brownie recipe.
okay, so am I missing something? where are the recipes for these yummy things you are making? Share! I made the YUMMIEST brownie chocloate chip cheesecake the other day that this post reminds me of. Now I'm craving it. You're right, they are the perfect combination.
I love your girls hairdos. I'm going to check that site out for sure. Sydney has gobs of thick beautiful hair that I have no idea what to do with. LOL.
Their hair is so cute, I still don't have a clue how to braid and make it look cute.
If Savannah is changing diapers, then maybe she is trying to say she wants a baby sibling. :)
You could vacation here, it's warm and we have lots of "sand". Oh, and if you did decided you are taking requests, then I will also request the brownies.
Your girls are so cute!! And, they are so big too. Glad you found a great website for hair.. the doos are so cute
Post a Comment