I have turned into a boring adult. I go to bed early. I get up early. My idea of entertainment is a good book, good movie, or a date. (Note: All the date needs to be is away from my house, with my husband, without my kids. Food not necessary. Activity not necessary. Although they are both nice.) TV can even count as entertainment in a pinch, but I'm not into any shows lately so that decreases the fun quotient. It is not that an amazing get away to a beach, skiing across snowy hills, or an weekend of wining and dining and the theater don't sound fun, but to be honest, they aren't on my radar at the moment. I don't have that kind of time, which I am okay with.
I don't know if it is the drab gloom of the post-Christmas winter, the extra-busyness of work, children, and calling, or the lack of any new satisfying reading material coming my way but I am needing something fun. This year we have some lofty savings goals that we are really hoping to reach, which unfortunately means that most activities have to be on the free - to close to free side of the wallet. So here is my question. What is fun to you? What are your favorite dates? Books that you have LOVED? Hobbies that have excited you? (Okay cooking is a hobby that both excites me and is fun,but it also falls into the responsibility side of my life. It is great that it does both, I wish scrubbing toilets did that but alas no luck there, but I'm asking here for PURE fun.)
I like my life. I am in a good place in my life. I'm just....a little bored.
4 comments:
Well, my most recent hobby is blogging. And taking pictures for said blog. Luckily, no one in my family is sick of having their picture taken yet, but I'm sure it will happen before the year's up.
I think you've read all the books that I've LOVED. You've recommended half of them to me. I did just read Olive Kitteridge which I enjoyed. I don't know if it would fall into the LOVE category, but it was good.
Our dates recently consist of Netflix, and occassionally cooking exciting stuff for ourselves that we don't let the kids eat. Makes it feel more special that way, I guess.
I'm sorry I can't help you, but I'm a very boring adult myself. I'll be checking back here for other people's suggestions, because I could use some excitement in my life, too!
we've all become boring adults, haven't we? lol.
let's see...some ideas..
with the kids: we do game time, sledding, make a special treat/snack, watch movies with popcorn as a family
for date nights: sometimes I make a nice dinner and we eat it late after the kids go to bed, by candlelight; we stay up and play wii games together (working through LEGO Indiana Jones right now), go window shopping and just chat, etc.
For me: I LOVE to cook, so I really enjoy trying new recipes and getting them right. I also love to make crafts and stuff if I can make time for it - thus my new blog...
You know, since you love to cook you should start a cook group like I have. It's so fun. We meet once a month and switch off having it at each other's houses. We bring the kids, but it's still so fun to chat with other women and enjoy good cooking.
Until this cold weather goes away, I have no good suggestions for you. I hide out and read a LOT during this winter months. Come summertime . . . I am full of free, fun ideas!
I was starting to feel that way, but we were able to get away. I'm telling you, just take a quick trip down here, it will help. Or maybe if we come visit in March that will help. But that is assuming that you don't think we are boring. :)
Dates...what are those again?
Post a Comment