Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aloha Pork

There are a lot of good reasons to love a crock-pot meal. They are easy. You just throw everything into a pot, wait and you are done. They make your house smell divine. All. day. long. This is especially helpful on the last day of a bronchiolitis confinement. I speak from experience here. Finally, I think it is impossible to have a bad meal from a crockpot. Slow cooked tender meat with the flavors that have been combining for hours, I mean really.

I got this recipe from my neighbor Jenny, who I believe got it from her grandmother. Unfortunately when I went shopping for the items I was stationed at my mom's house trying to recover from three nights of three hours a piece sleep, and I didn't have the recipe with me. So I bought pork roast instead of pork chops. I had double the meat I needed, so I just doubled the other ingredients. I don't know how it would turn out with pork chops but I'm sure that would be good too. My family - including Abbie - declared this a delicious meal - which is huge considering Abbie doesn't like most things I make. Finally, it was also nice to eat the other white meat - because we eat chicken a lot around these parts.

Aloha Pork - Jenny Steed
4 pork chops (boneless)
2 t. oil
1-8 oz. can crushed pineapple
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 T. quick Tapioca
2 T. ketchup
2 t. soy sauce
1/2 t. dry mustard
Brown chops in oil.  Combine remaining ingredients.  Place chops in crock-pot adding other ingredients on top.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.


Finally Russ sent me this link and I laughed so hard. I love to cook, and I love Brian Regan so this was perfect. Truly this man understands my life.


2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm excited to try this recipe, anything crockpot is right up my alley.
That bit was hilarious and completely true. Someone who tries to cook with kids at their feet should do a cooking show, make it more true to life.

Heather said...

he is so funny. and it's so true! i can't tell you how many times I've realized too late that I don't have eggs.