Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Fun

This weekend we took a much needed vacation to my grandparent's cabin up at Bear Lake with my family to go snowmobiling. It was just nice to get away. We spent Friday sledding with the girls in the front yard. Savannah had a surprisingly good time and giggled every time she went down the hill for a good hour. Abbie had fun but then got distracted with the shovel and never returned.

Saturday we went snowmobiling in at least four feet of fresh powder. I am proud to say that Russ and I were the only ones not to get stuck in the snow. While the powder did making things a little slower it was so soft that the rides were smooth. Storms continued throughout the day and we ended the excursion a bit early when visibility dropped to nothing (of course it cleared up just as we were returning the snowmobiles.)



Unfortunately the storm that gave us white out conditions made it so my mom couldn't get down the mountain to join us with the girls so they stayed back at the cabin with grandma. Rough life.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I wish we could have been there!

B said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

I love that Abbie got distracted by a shovel, it made me giggle. Thanks Abbie!