Amazingly enough I did get a new recipe in this week, and because it isn't copywrited I have no problem publishing it on the internet for all to see.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp oil
Food Coloring
Add food coloring to water and then mix all ingredients together. Stir over medium heat until the dough forms a ball. Remove from heat and knead. Store in airtight container.
Yup! It is play dough for all of you who were wondering what in the world could have 1/2 cup of salt in it and still taste good. I am still counting this as my new recipe of the week because you use ingredients, and you use the stove, and I need a recipe to count for the week.
Making your own play dough is a great activity for kids to help (at least until it gets on the stove.) It takes about 10 minutes to make and then entertained the girls both for about an hour afterward. Clearly cooking something that you can't eat looses some of the innate joy of cooking. But stirring a pot of green goo made me feel like I was mixing Polyjuice Potion or Eye of Newt or something equally bizarre and disgusting, and I got an insane juvenile kick from the whole thing.



4 comments:
you can share any recipe as long as you give credit, right? I remember going through this when I was in college because recipes were shared a lot in our classes. The professor basically said the line is fuzzy because you can never tell for sure who invented a recipe.
I think this recipe might be the same playdough recipe I have. if so, it is the best playdough I've ever made. ours lasts forever if we keep it in an airtight container. :O)
I love how serious Savannah is in that last photo. She looks like she's concentrating hard on creating a playdough masterpiece.
Heather - You can but if I start giving out recipe after recipe online from this same cookbook - that is where there could be problems.
I know I played with this dough when I was little... we probably played with it together!!
Post a Comment