Thursday afternoon my girls got coughs.
Friday morning Savannah's breathing rate was twice what it should be and she was wheezing.
Three visits to the doctor's, three visits to the Respiratory Outpatient Clinic (Known as the Suction Shack, but I always want to say Snot Shack) to get suctioned out, and one visit to the ER later, I think we are through the worst.
Of course two nights in a row of going up to the hospital (one at 11:00pm one at 3:00am) to watch them stick a tube down the nose of my daughter while she gags away in hopes of improving her ability to breathe is bad. Especially when during the second of those nighttime visits the respiratory therapist thinks that she is going to have to be admitted. So you pay the exorbitant ER fees only to sit in a room for three hours and have all the scary symptoms disappear by the time the doctors see you. And then they think you are an idiot.

5 comments:
I've heard it's one of the worst years in a long time for this sickness. My niece out in UT had it last week, and I know a few kids out here who've had it. My little guy Dallen had it last Feb. at 3 months old, we're hoping we can skip it this year! Good luck!
Oh my goodness! What is going on at your house! Call me- I need all the details. I hope you all survive. Let me know what I can do.
Alicia said that you were having all kinds of fun at your house. I'm sorry life is just not that fun and sicknesses are full force. Let me know if you need anything.
My word, you guys have the worst luck when it comes to your kids and breathing! Three kids and we've never had to go to the ER for breathing issues! I'm so sorry! I'm glad Savannah's okay. Wish I was there to help out.
I think you guys might need to move to a better climate(seriously, like the Northwest), but for now come down and visit us!
I made the artichoke chickien and broiled asparagus. The chicken was fabulous, but did you know that if you don't immediately drizzle the balsalmic it becomes rock hard? I learned the hard way, so the asparagus didn't exactly turn out. I'm excited to try the roasted pears though. Thanks for all the fun recipes you write about.
Post a Comment