Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sickness and Remodeling - Part Three

I think the universe is trying to tell us something. Not sure exactly what but for every remodeling project we have had in the last month someone has gotten very sick. Well, universe, you win. We are done remodeling. Now please keep us healthy. (Please don't tell the universe that we were done anyway. I want it to think it won.)

Saturday we moved all of the furniture around for the carpet installer to come bright and early Monday morning. He said between 8:00-9:00. He came at 11:30. (Soap box about the curtesy of promptness, or a phone call when you are going to be late another time. Especially when all toys, TV, music, and access to the kitchen is blocked by furniture.) That night we spent moving the furniture into the rooms that had carpet so the remaining rooms could get recovered. Just as we finished, Russ said, "I don't feel so good." We thought being a week out from all of us with the stomach flu meant it had passed him by. No such luck.

  Thankfully, Russ has an iron will, and stomach because while he felt like pure misery he didn't loose his lunch, dinner, or any of the previously eaten meals. He did however take a sick day off of work. The first in the seven years I've known him, so I know he was feeling as badly as I had been.I can say though I am truly grateful he chose to get sick after the furniture had been moved or we would have been up a creek.

Now our carpets are done, counters done, and tile done...when we get everything back where it belongs we will take pictures and post our beautiful new house.

4 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

Yuck. Remind me never to remodel. Or get sick.

B said...

Good grief! I am SO sorry that you can't seem to kick all the sickness. I know most people say take some VitC, but I say take lots of VitD. . . really! :) Hope you all start feeling better for reals.

The Woolf Pack said...

Man, you guys have had a pretty crazy month! Doesn't this mean you guys have done your time & don't have to get sick for the rest of the winter? At least it should work that way

delagray said...

Well, Russ, so much for thinking you were going to be left out of this fun experience.