Clearly having the Swine Flu while we were getting new tile was not enough to fully stress test our family.
That nasty bug of gastroenteritis visited me first late, oh so late Monday night. I can honestly say I have never been so ill. I will spare you all of the gory details but I will just let you know there are a lot to spare. I spent the next day trying desperately to recover and made a brief appearance at YW in Excellence where I was the speaker, and then returned miserably to bed.
By Wednesday night I was doing much better...just in time to clean up Savannah barf all over the floor. (Yeah for new carpets on Monday!) After getting the girls down, sanitizing everything in sight, and preparing to hunker down for a long night of 18 month old stomach sick, Abbie was attacked. Her attack came more along my lines -- pure misery for several hours. Savannah thankfully never woke up in the night.
Then early this morning as I was trying to recover from a "Up-Half-the-Night-with-a-Sick-Kid" hangover, the phone rang. The counter top installers are coming today at 12:00....not tomorrow as originally scheduled.
At least now they are ripping out our old counters for free because of the mix-up!
6 comments:
Oh, man! Well, at least now when they install the new carpet it will hopefully be safe from barf (and other jnasty effects of the blasted bug) for a while :P I hope those girls get feeling better fast! (for your sake as well as theirs!)
So sorry you aren't feeling well. At least with all new it takes the bugs out! Let me know if I can do anything for you.
It seems to me that you've had enough sickness to last for a couple of years. I'm amazed that you were able to speak at YW in Excellence. Oh my, I'm beginning to have sympathy pains.
how nice to get sick BEFORE the new carpet! I can't wait to see your changes....unless you're moving???
I hope your YW in Excellence went well. Ours was last Tuesday, too, and went pretty well. When I have more time I'll let you in on something that has greatly reduced my YW stress...
What a lousy few days, I hope you are all feeling better. I'm excited for you guys to get your new counters and carpet though (& at least you got sick BEFORE all that went in). Zie & I had food poisoning before my big enrichment activity, so I feel for you.
DId you really get the swine flu!? That is horrible! I definately would have cancelled the talk at YW. There are limits to a volunteer position. Hope you are all doing well, I love the improvements!
Post a Comment