In addition to normal busyness, Abbie decided to get the swine flu, which has made things a little interesting around here. Thankfully, thus far it is running pretty much like the normal flu with no serious complications. We did get her vaccinated so we were told that it would make it a more mild case. It looks like her fever is slowly abating as I type.
For better or worse we got the swine flu at the same time we had people tiling all of our bathrooms and dying the grout in our kitchen, dining room, and entry way. We were not aloud to walk on any of them for an entire day. Thank heavens for grandma's house.
Despite the chaos the sickness has added I have been thrilled at the look of our new tile and grout! Even just the dye job has made a world of difference. We had a dark brown almost black grout when we moved in and have hated it every day since. We dyed the grout a nice light brown grayish color that I am just loving.
Finally, because of the flu and quarentine rules it looks like Abbie wont be able to trick or treat. After all the drama with her costume this is most unfortunate, but I've decided we are going to do a small family Halloween party instead. We will play pin the smile on the jack-o-lantern, decorate cookies, and watch a Halloween movie. Honestly to me it sounds more fun than trick or treating anyway. Thankfully with Abbie being only three I don't think the switch will cause too much drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment