Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Semi-Random Fall Thoughts



This month in order to celebrate all things fall we have see the witches at Gardner Village, picked pumpkins at a pumpkin patch, went on a hay ride, painted said pumpkins, and played in the leaves. I feel my homage to fall has been accomplished.

Why is it that home improvement projects always cost more than you think, even when you have accounted for every possible contingency that you could possibly imagine? (This rant might deserve its own post at some point.)

I didn't know it was possible to be as busy as I am..For those of you who know me, I haven't picked up a new book in three weeks. I am way too busy.


About a month ago I was in the process of trying to convince Abbie to be a fairy or a princess or even a fairy princess for Halloween. They are easy and there are about a million of them around. This is how I approach Halloween. She wouldn't budge. She was going to be Goldilocks and we were going to be the three bears. The only Goldilocks costumes I could find were $50. No way. After way more effort than it should have taken I had finally put together a Goldilocks costume that looked adorable and asked my neighbor make bear costumes. Not ten minutes after the accomplishment of this feat Abbie saw a fairy costume at Target.

"Mom I wish I could be a fairy."
"Mom why wont you let me be a fairy?"
" Mom I really wish I could be a fairy."

AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

So if a cute little Goldilocks tells you that she is going to be a fairy for Halloween when she is four, you will know why.


Why is it that I every time I wash my kids socks half of them disappear?


I just tried to move a picture from a folder into photoshop. Somehow it clicked on every picture in the folder and is opening them all. That takes a long time.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, no book in 3 weeks!?!? You are busy!

LOVE the pictures, by the way! The one with Savannah and the purple bow is adorable, and the one of Abbie in the big glasses is priceless.

B said...

I totally dig the fact that Abbie only has on one shoe in the picture with the leaves! There is a girl after my own heart.

I don't know how you have gone so long without a new book . . . I would be locking myself in the bathroom! :)

JennyLynn said...

I feel your pain on the Halloween costume thing. Your girls are beautiful, and you are a great photographer!

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm pretty sure our kids just do that to see our reactions. I think they secretly find it funny.
You always have such adorable pictures of your girls.

Don't let me forget the Cars toys in December.

Heather said...

I'm in the process of making a Dorothy costume. I am not a seamstress by an means, so it's not going to be awesome. But I put if off to the last minute because I was thinking we'd be going through the same thing. Luckily she hasn't changed her mind yet!

delagray said...

The story of the Halloween costume is a winner. I was saying augggggghhhhhh before I read yours. GG asked me what was wrong. Oh how I empathize. I can just hear your conversation.
Looks like Savannah made her own costume.