Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family Picture Vote

In addition to all of the fun activities listed below, we had my brother, Blaine take some family pictures for us. Your job, if you choose to accept it, is to vote on which one should be the official Gray Family picture, the 8 x 10 in our entry way, and which are relegated to a 4 x 6 grouping above said official picture. Sadly your vote is not binding in any way, but I really am interested in your thoughts.

The thing I love about this first one is the grouping. I like how close we are. The positioning looks more like a traditional professional photo grouping to me, and I like that.



While this picture is more a non-traditional pose I really liked the way the colors turned out in this one.


This one never really was a contender for the 8 x 10 so unless you make a compelling argument it will be in the grouping.


Our butts will never be in the 8 x 10 picture, despite the quality of your argument.
* For extra credit, which one did Russ Photoshop a new face on?

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute pics! I would vote for the first to be the 8 x 10 and the last to be the 4 x 6. Let me know what you choose!

Allison said...

Really? No 8x10 butt shot? You're no fun!

Okay, okay, my vote is for the first one, then. I like Savannah's expression more in the second one, but I've learned from experience that you can't get really litte kids to smile in pictures if they don't feel like it, and she's cute no matter what. I love the colors you picked! That's what stresses me the most when it comes to family pictures. I don't want to do the matching sweater type thing and look dorky, but you can go too far to the other extreme. And we can't do all the girls in one color and the boys in another, because then Chris would look stupid. Last year we just did white shirts for everyone, but I like having the girls in one color and the parents in another. I'll have to remember that for next time!

peter said...

I vote for the first one as your 8x10. But you all look awesome. I love the brown and pink.

Kristy

Jen said...

Oh wow! These are really great family photos. I personally like the first family grouping photo. :) And the pics of you with the girls in pink are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I actually LOOOOOOVE the last one and while it won't be a contender, I like it because it's one of those 'back cover' pics that I find very cool. It's not posed (even if it was), it's just very, family being family. I love it. I really think you should consider it being a picture that you display in some manner (other than here). It's just too cool not to.

But of the others I'm going with the first. It feels the most natural, which again I personally like. Despite the fact that you didn't do denim on denim, I think it's a really great family photo. And hopefully you don't mind me saying this, but I like it because it's, 'not perfect.' My favorite Smith family photo is so completely unperfect. We are all looking in different ways. One person is falling. And it's just 'us.' I think you and Russ look really good in the picture, but you aren't too posed. It 'feels' like you happened to be sitting all together and someone snapped a picture (and that's the best ones, IMO). Did I make a compelling enough arguement?

The Woolf Pack said...

I love the first one. The colors really pop. All are great pictures though. I hope they all make it up on a wall somewhere.
Your 4th of July sounded like fun, especially pulling a trailer without a seat. :) I will definitely ask Russ about that soon.

Bev Tate said...

the first one. you all look great. I like closer up pictures better. The butt one is great though. great choice of colors.

Condie Family said...

I would vote for the first one. My vote is that is the one that Russ photoshoped Savannah's face on

Mona said...

Yes, the first one. So cute.