

How can we leave such cute kids? (Easy, as any parent knows.) I haven't had a night away from my kids since Abbie was barely one, and then it was only one night so this day has been long in coming. Looonnngg in coming. I really think that I feel more love for my kids with the opportunity to get away from them for a few days....hmmmm, maybe I should do this every week.
Russ and I drove down to St. George, talking the entire time without interruption. We haven't had an uninterrupted conversation in 2.9 years and filled every minute. It was wonderful.
Friday morning we went on the Bike Ride of Death, in order to prepare for what I'm sure will be the Race of Death after this ride. We rode 38 miles (Every mile I had to remind myself that my race is 69 miles, and I was in big trouble) over a bluff down into Snow Canyon, up Snow Canyon, back to town, back up and over the bluff and then back home, where I panicked about my race then died on the couch. Then to remind me of my physical inferiority Russ rode an additional 14 miles. After resurrecting, it was off to the temple, to go together for a session...another miracle.
Sunday we napped, rested and took a drive up past Pineview and then Monday we were going to hike in Zions. However I forgot that Zions isn't just right off the freeway. I think it moved in the last five years since I've been. By the time we got there we had to drive though in order to make it home on time.
The drive however was worth it. I had forgotten what a breathtaking place it is. Pictures will never do it justice.
In a moment of cheese-iness it is sure wonderful to spend time with the best friend I married. Between work, kids, and callings, the times we spend together are often fragmented and filled with exhaustion. While we do great a dealing with the day to day it is nice to get together with him and just have fun. I love you and know you are cheesed out by this, which is why I'm doing it.
*If you visited this post before you will notice that I changed the picture of Russ he said that he looks like "Grandpa "Slouch-meister" Earl from Grumpy-Ville. So this new picture is him smiling a cheesey smile to go with my cheesey thoughts
6 comments:
I love 'cheese'. :>) I'm glad you were able to talk all of that time. It seems that when I have an opportunity to talk with someone, I can't think of a thing to say. That may not be exactly true, but it has happened. Savannah and Abbie look so cute in their swimming outfits. The pictures are exquisite. Emily, you are one brave person to do this bike ride. Just thinking about it makes me feel exhaused, dirty, perspirey.
Congrats on five years! We are right behind ya! In fact we are going down south to celebrate next week! But we are taking Eme. We (mainly I) am leaving her way too much this summer so I insisted. Jeremy doesn't care though. Talked the entire ride? I am impressed! Jer and I have a 30 minute conversation and I think we are doing good!
I am really glad that you had a wonderful time. Wish you the best with your upcoming bike ride. How much would I have to pay you to go with you guys to St. George sometime? Looks like so much fun.
How fun! It is nice to get a moment together, uninterrupted. You should never feel like your being cheesy, that is how it is suppose to be (thats what I keep telling Mark anyway).
Good luck on the bike race, your adrenaline on race day will keep you going.
SO fun and so beautiful. I am glad that you survived you ride. You will do fine on your ride ahead, good for you for doing it!
wow! has it really been 5 years? it seems like just last year to me. congrats on making it so long. I have one piece of advice...maybe someone has already mentioned this to you.....go out more!! your kids will be much better off if you two get more special time together. i'm so proud of you for your bike riding! I can't even imagine it. that seems like such a long ride. that bit about russ going out and doing more just kind of reminds me of when I'm running as fast as I can and another runner, passes me like I'm standing still (which I think is rude and should be banned!). we're all at different levels, aren't we? a friend of mine told me to just think of all the people at home who aren't doing what I'm doing and be proud of myself. I'll pass that along to you...
Post a Comment