Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Lexi's Naptime

Abbie often puts Baby Lexi down for a nap at random times. She is really a very good mother. She feeds her, pats her back, wraps her in a blanket, reads to her and leaves her napping on a chair, the floor, or any other random place. I am then told I need to be quiet whenever I am near this spot. This is what I found when I walked into my room this morning.


Abbie takes her afternoon nap in our bed, and now, apparently so does Baby Lexi. The similarities are really striking. She is surrounded by books, has her blue blanky next to her, is sitting up -- not tired at all and apparently demanding one more glass of water (either that or saluting Hitler but I choose not to believe that my two-year-old has fascist leanings) .

7 comments:

Misty said...

Too funny... gotta love kids.

Allison said...

Love it! And Baby Lexi and the real Lexi have some striking similarities - namely the blanky and the demand for one more glass of water.

Jen said...

That is hilarious! It's amazing how she recognizes and demonstrates her own behavior in her cute little baby doll.

Chelle and Aaron said...

She is so dang cute. It was great to see you too. I always wish I had more time to visit everyone when I come home but the visits are always a bit hectic and way too short. I loved 3 Cups of Tea too. It was so inspirational. I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.

delagray said...

The picture tells the story. It is precious that the books and the blankie are with Lexi. It's special to me how you can feel the spirit of the child when you see the things they do. To me it feels like they left a bit of themselves there. I don't seem to be able to put in words the feeling I get when I see things like this. But it is great that you got this on camera.

The Woolf Pack said...

Baby Lexi looks like she might be a handful. Good thing that Abbi has it under control. :) Abbi is too funny.

Heather said...

thanks for the pick-me-up. i love kids - they always take me off guard with the funniest things.