Sunday, February 15, 2009

Random Thoughts Sunday

My optimism at having Savannah sleep better at night was unfortunately unfounded....Bummer.

I have been quite sick the last couple of days. Fever, chills, and lots of Kleenex. Being a sick mom is truly miserable. Thankfully my parents took the girls on Friday so I could have at least one full day to rest. I am so grateful that my parents were nearby to help me out. I know many of you don't have that luxury and I don't take it lightly.


Abbie has found a wonderful pass time this week. Washing the dishes! She will spend almost an hour quietly (yeah!) cleaning all of her plastic dishes. I make sure the water is barely a trickle --yes I am aware that I live in a desert -- and let her have at it. I have worried that even this is slightly wasteful, but when I think of the added cost to the health care system my mental breakdown would be, the cost is well worth the benefit.

Savannah has progressed amazingly with her crawling efforts. She is one motivated girl that does not like to be left out of the fun! She can now move her hands while she is crawling rather than just the feet/flop technique of earlier days. I have to admit that while I know of the chaos that a mobile baby is sure to cause it is so fun to see her get excited about being able to get around and know that she isn't content to just sit but likes to get involved in the action!

One thought regarding Valentines Day. We hadn't planned on doing a lot for Valentines (order dinner to go and watch a movie on the couch) which is good because the pile of Kleenex next to me on the couch while we watched the movie grew by the minute. But I do want to say, I am grateful to be married to such a loving man. While we like to have fun and celebrate together we know that our relationship is beyond the need to prove that love on any single day. It is a wonderful place to be.

(Warning to sensitive readers: The following section contains discussions between Abbie and her parents regarding potty training. If you are easily offended by "potty talk"-- don't have kids, or continue reading.)
So potty training has been progressing nicely (Thank Heavens!!!) now as Abbie sits on the potty we have discussions I never imagined hearing or being thrilled about hearing.

"I have lots of pee pees in my bum!"

"Did you hear my poops? It was a big one. I have another one coming. There was another one. I have three poops. I have ten poops. I have lots and lots and lots of poops!"

" I kept Elmo (on her panties) dry. He is just a little wet."

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That is terrible about Savannah still not sleeping! I would lose my mind! It is no wonder you got sick!

Allison said...

I love the hilarious conversations that go along with potty training. Lexi used to inform us when she had a "family of poopies" and Ellie is constantly on the lookout for the elusive "green poopies." She also thinks that "pee pees are tricky, cause sometimes they spray out."

Amidst the potty talk, it's incredibly coincidental that the word verification thingy spells the word "hemherroid", minus the first four letters. Bizarre.

The Woolf Pack said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better.
As for Abbie, that is the funniest potty talk I have heard in a long time. At least it keeps you smiling!
We can't wait to see little Savannah, she is growing up so fast.

jamieleighcall said...

Aren't kids hilarious and so truthful! I love it. Sorry you've been sick. I hope you're over it now.

delagray said...

Abbie looks so at home in the kitchen. Maybe this interest will last all of her life instead of when the time comes that you need her to do them.
It is amazing to hear how our children's minds work and how they understand and can verbalize the important things in life - like the "potty talk"
Congratulations to Savannah and her crawling successes. I notice that she has already started reading the Ensign, too.

Mona said...

Yes, we have potty talk here too. Bridger names his poopies, like "Hey! There is banana poopy! Look! A football poopy! Yea!!" On and On and then he retells it to whoever is here or when Ben comes home from work. It is totally disgusting, but at least he is going. BTW- we regressed to pull-ups. I call it regressing because he won't wear underware, but he is telling me when he wants to go and is staying dry 90% of the time. I think he is doing better, but when I put him in underwear-- it is like he totally forgets what is going on or else he knows if he pees he gets new clothes, or something. I'm not sure what his motives are at peeing his pants on purpose, so we will stay in pull-ups a while longer,