So after a week of potty training we are doing......dare I say it......good. It appears that Abbie has bought into the concept and for the most part tries to get herself to the bathroom. I am insanely grateful. I realize that by posting this I make the mistake of jinxing myself and her deciding that she is done trying tomorrow with Sunday...three hours of church....going back to 10 wet pants a day. But since I made such a big deal about it before I figured all you adoring fans would want to know the status. (Just kidding I'm always surprised anyone reads my blog.)
Note to anyone that has not yet potty trained. In addition to all of the supplies the books will tell you to buy, include the following:
1 - Bottle of heavy duty lotion. The number of times you wash your hands will increase exponentially and they will get very very dry.
2 - Bottle of Tylonal if you are doing the cold turkey hang around the house method. Trust me you'll need it.
3 - If you have a tendency to drink you might want to stock up. I'm not advocating this behavior but you will be stuck inside with small children who will have no interest in what you are trying to accomplish, appear to care and then not care at all, and every few hours will make large and disgusting messes for you to clean up on a daily basis. So well....do what you have to do. If you don't drink, I can personally vouch for large amounts of chocolate being a helpful coping mechanism.
Savannah has started blowing bubbles through her lips to let us know she is happy/content. Imagine the sound you make as a child to imitate a car engine and you have it about right. It is hilarious and very cute.
We went to the zoo today. I think I enjoy the animals as much as my kids.
As you know we've had issues with Savannah sleeping well at night. Back in October she decided she didn't want to take a bottle of pumped milk. Several weeks later we realized that we could syringe milk into her mouth and the problem would be solved. Over the next several months in order to help her sleep better we had been giving her extra milk on top of nursing to no avail. Then last week Russ said that on the nights when she just had formula it seemed to be worse. It took me a week and several really bad nights to realize he was right and that it had probably been going on for months. So with one trip to the store to get a different formula she is doing much better at night. She still wakes up once but compared to what we had been dealing with before, I'm in heaven.
I realize this is often a child-centric blog, but hey so is my life.
Okay there hasn't been much else random this week as potty training has pretty much consumed us.. I know you are terribly dissappointed.
5 comments:
Always love to read your blog! My thoughts are with you durring the potty training HEADACHE days. Hang in there!
Sounds like that book had some great advice. :)
We love reading about all the stuff going on!
I'm so glad to hear that the change in formulas makes a difference. What a relief to her tummy and everyone's sleep.
Abbie, I'm so proud of you.
Good to know. I'm not into drinking all that much-- but pill popping I can do. Wish me luck-- for I will need it next month when I try to train Spence.
My blog is really just to brag or complain about my kids, I thought that is what they are for! :) Glad that Savannah is finally sleeping,
Post a Comment