Savannah still wont take a bottle - of any kind. This makes my life difficult considering I teach a class Thursday nights, and in the next few weeks have two bridal showers I'm helping with, a wedding, wedding dinner and reception that I'm going to. Actually - it makes Russ's life incredibly difficult.
I had no idea how fast a two-year-old could go from pleasant and cheerful to on the floor screaming because her life is over. It is really fast.
I don't know where Savannah got her stubborn streak from....probably Russ. At least she got his pleasant and cheerful temperament.
I'm glad the election is over. Unfortunately I feel surrounded by people that think this is the end of the world or the beginning of Utopian society. Obama is in trouble with either expectation. Can't we just let it be a man with a political agenda that has to work through the political system and you can either agree or disagree with him? I am convinced the world will not end in the next four or eight years. It might actually get better. On the reverse - I pity the people that thought if they voted for Obama their wildest dreams would come true. (Pedro promised that – not Obama). Politics is too much drama. Two-year-old girls would be well suited for it.
9 comments:
BUMMER!! No bottle?! Sorry.. I guess my advice didn't help. Which reminds me, we better give one to Carter soon. It has been a while for him and he may have forgotten. And, I wore my "Pedro SAnchez for President" T-shirt when I went to vote. If only he were on the ballot! I too am glad this political stuff has come to an end, I think Joe Biden has called us more over the last few weeks than anyone!!
That sucks that she won't take a bottle. Ihave a list of ideas that worked for us, but I know how unwanted advise feels, so if you want a few ideas let me know.
I agree with the two-year-old thing. At least when they are three the can talk about the problem a little more.
I too am glad the election is over. I feel bad for Obama and what he has to deal with in the next few years.
I love your thoughts on the election--couldn't have said it better myself. Tell Savannah to stop being so resistant and to just take the dang bottle. I'm sure a good talking-to is all it will take to make her give in.
Amen sista'! I couldn't agree more. It sounds like your life is going to be extra busy these next couple weeks. I remember when Emma wouldn't take a bottle and it drove me crazy. She had to be attached to me most of the day. Finally though, I tried the Playtex Vent-Air bottles with the clear nipples, and it worked like a charm. (Not saying it will be perfect for you guys, but just know there is hope.) What kinds of bottles have you tried? Also, I think every girl brings spice and drama (at least every girl I know ;) ) My Emma is no exception. Finally, I also LOVE Italian food so am anxious to try out that restaurant.
I am open to any and all suggestions about how to get Savannah to take a bottle. Desperate doesn't begin to describe how we are.
Let me give you a tip from Mark (he will probably kill me for telling this story), but when I was in YW when Dax was only a couple of months old, Mark had him for about 3 hours every Wed. night. Dakota was also very bottle resistant, so after a couple of hours of screaming Mark made a desperate attempt. He cut out a hole in his shirt, stuck the nipple of the bottle through and Dakota latched right on. Kinda funny to see when I came home, but it worked.
Thank you for your wise words on the election. It has been frustrating to read about people who are so concerned that the world is ending. What made people think the Obama is so evil? Fox News?
Hear, hear on your thoughts about the election. I am SO glad it is over.
Oh my! David and I love Cucina Toscana. It is fabulous. I'm sorry about the no bottle thing. That has to be hard.
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Bush-hating for the next 4 years. That, and rhetoric about evil republicans.
I LOVE the bottle nipple through the shirt idea! I hope things get better soon. I want to see you at the wedding.
Post a Comment