Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random Thoughts Thursday




This morning I was getting some clothes out for Abbie to wear. She has a bunch of 2T and 24 month pants we got from a friend. Only two of them don't require being rolled up multiple times to fit her skinny little waist. I need her diaper to hold them up at all. That is why I haven't started potty training yet. Yea, that's it.

Savannah had her 4 month check up yesterday. She is 12 lbs. 4oz. She is in the 25%tile for weight, 80 for height and 50 for head. Lucky girl. She is also now rolling over from back to front and vice-versa (when she is in the mood).

Savannah is not sleeping for longer than three hour blocks at night. Yeah.

It is a good thing she looks like that in the morning.

About six months ago I let Abbie play with water in her little toy dishes. She loves it still. She can play for hours entertained by water and dishes. I don't know what I was thinking. For about the millionth time this week I stepped my be-socked foot in water on the floor.

In my class this semester I gave out more A's and A - than ever before. It is fun to be able to give people good grades. I have been so sleep deprived this semester it hasn't been my best but I think it has still gone okay.

I also have had more people plagiarize than ever before. Aren't we far enough into the internet generation that it is common knowledge if you cut and paste something from the web and turn it into a teacher you are a big fat cheater?.....Guess not.

I need to get started on my Christmas shopping. Badly.

With the holidays coming up and all of the errands to run and parties to attend I think potty training Abbie would be really difficult. That is why I haven't started potty training yet. Yea, that's it.

5 comments:

Kelseybob said...

I love these posts! That is why I stole your idea. Allie is three and a half and the 24 month pants are the only ones that fit her right. 2T and 3Ts fall off of her the second that she takes a step. Savanah sure is getting big. Ethan just hit the 14 pound mark at 7 months... I think we are now closer to 15 but that is only because he has been having extra formula in his bottles, but hey at least he is now out of his 0-3 month clothes! :)

Allison said...

Hmmm...pants falling off? Can't say that I have that problem with Ellie. No, her problem is that she'd fit best in 5T pants, but they're WAY too long! She and Lexi can fit the same size pants around the waist - there's only an 8lb difference (and 3 years!) between them.

As for the potty training, my experience is that you wait until they're ready, but also until YOU'RE ready. Otherwise, it's just a mess for everyone. No rush - she won't be in diapers when she's 10, no matter what you do!

Brooke said...

Hey Lady, fun post! Your girls are adorable. It was great to see you last night. Here's my blog:
http://myownkindofcrazy.blogspot.com

Heather said...

So how do you know they are plagarizing? How can you tell? :)

Anonymous said...

Usually they start having sentences that are WAY too good for a college freshman to write. Then I type the phrase or sentence in google and something almost always pops up!