Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Thoughts Thurday

Last night my wonderful friend Heather made an excellent point. Pictures are the hardest part of doing a blog. You have to take them, edit them and they post them (oh my life is so hard.) But because I just don't have that in me today I am skipping them all together. Sorry.

Why is it that I always get the shopping cart with the bad wheel? And why is it that I seem to curse the people in front of me in the grocery line to have insanely long stupid problems?

I've realized I enjoy the toddler phase more than the baby phase. It is a good thing those babies are so darn cute. I feel like I'm a horrible mother when I say it. I love my babies to death and think they are the greatest - I just think they get so much more fun as they get older.

Sometimes I just don't have it in me to clean my house. One.More. Time.

Other times the thought of living in constant clutter makes me crazy. Can I ever win?

A good book is a precious gift. I'm reading "Three Cups of Tea" a true story about a mountain climber who is building girls' schools in Pakistan. It is one of those books that make you believe in mankind.

Right now to get a few minutes alone on the computer I am probably letting my daughter watch way too much TV. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. And yet I'm still here.

I need more sleep.

Playing "Red, Light;Green Light" with a toddler makes all of my problems seem pointless.

I have a near perfect husband who wakes up with my girls half the time. How did I get so lucky?

Okay that is probably enough randomness for the day!

10 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

It's a good thing you married in to our family, because sometimes I wonder if secretly we are the same person. Or at least from the same mold. I loved reading this post.

Kristen said...

I wish I could agree with you about the toddler to baby thing but I just keep thinking how much easier Eme was at this time last year. Even though it is kind of humorous at first when your child has complete break downs over finishing her milk before she thought she should be done, I am like enough already! Why are you so mad? She does make me laugh harder than she did when she was a baby so I guess that counts for something.

The Steeds said...

Random-thought-Thursday is right! All of it was funny. And the part about letting your child watch to much TV-- don't worry the guilt will lessen with time. :)

Allison said...

I am so with you today on the house cleaning and the TV watching. Although in my defense I'm having a good house-cleaning day because I thought my visiting teachers were coming over (they never showed, so I don't know if it was me or them that's off), and the TV-watching while mom's on the computer meant that Ellie fell asleep and got a nap today. So I'm on the upswing of those two issues. Like you needed or wanted to know all that :)

Kelseybob said...

I've decided that when my kids can sing the commercial jingles it is time to turn off the tv. But some days it is the only time I get a shower or anything done. The guilt does get a lot less the older they get. :)

The Woolf Pack said...

I love random thought Thursdays. I know how you feel about the TV thing, now I take it away for everything they do wrong. That way at least I am helping them in two ways.

Britney and Rob said...

You sound just a little beat up Emily! Have Russ give you a back rub or draw something nice for you. Oh, and do you use picasa to edit and upload your pics? It sure makes it alot easier. Hope the house cleaning wasn't too bad.
Roberto

Heather said...

Wow! There's a blurb about me on your blog! awesome.

I love your thoughts. It's just wonderful to see that I'm not the only mom who feels this way - and I consider you to be an awesome mom.

Melissa said...

I love reading your random thoughts, you have a wonderful way of articulating the little moments of life and motherhood in a way that just makes me want to say, Amen sister!

Jody said...

Hi Emily,

I found your blog from a link on Erica's. I know exactly how you got so lucky to find your husband. I met you several years ago when you were 14. I knew then that you were somebody special. I often wondered who would be fortunate enough to marry you. I'm sure he realizes how lucky he is. You have such a darling family and I know you are a wonderful mother. I am very proud of you and how you have continued to develop the qualities I saw way back then. Have a great day! Jody (Elquist) DeLand