I am sorry, that sounds like an immensley stressful situation. I have one child in nursery that has a peanut allergy, so I am always so nervous about the snacks. Do you usually leave the epi-pen with the nursery leader at church, because this mom has never said anything to me except: "My daughter has a peanut allergy, oh and she can't have chocolate." and she then walked out. So I am not sure if I should ask her for more detail.
Emily, thank you for sending this site. It helps to have a reminder and more input on the allergy. I would have been one who thought that once a product was safe it is always safe so I appreciate this information. I love knowing anything I can on what to do when being with Abbie-kins.
3 comments:
I am sorry, that sounds like an immensley stressful situation. I have one child in nursery that has a peanut allergy, so I am always so nervous about the snacks. Do you usually leave the epi-pen with the nursery leader at church, because this mom has never said anything to me except: "My daughter has a peanut allergy, oh and she can't have chocolate." and she then walked out. So I am not sure if I should ask her for more detail.
I just keep it with me. I try to check with the leaders about what they give the kids regularly so I know it is okay.
Emily, thank you for sending this site. It helps to have a reminder and more input on the allergy. I would have been one who thought that once a product was safe it is always safe so I appreciate this information. I love knowing anything I can on what to do when being with Abbie-kins.
Post a Comment