Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take me Riding in the Car, Car....

I realize there is much discussion in the world today about how we socialize boys and girls. Whether girls will innately turn to dolls and boys to trucks is always up for discussions among college students, social scientists and and mothers on the play ground. All I know is that Abbie's all time favorite toys are her little matchbox car and truck. She can play with them literally for hours. The drive on the piano, the couch, the tables -everywhere. I don't know if it is because all of her little friends are boys and have cars, or if she would have turned to them on her own because she LOVES to push things around. Who really knows. However while her friends cars make sounds that would indicate an immediate trip to the mechanic shop for muffler damage - Abbie's cars make no noises as they drive to the mountains, the zoo, grandma and grandpas - and most often to tea parties.

PS - I have some adorable pictures to post but for some reason I can't figure out our memory card reader is not working so we are on hold. Sorry.

4 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Well, Mackenzie seems to enjoy transformers and trucks right along with the boys. Who knows? I hope the baby blessing went well! Sorry we couldn't make it.

delagray said...

GG & I are again SO behind in checking out the blogs. Russ did go to an amazing amount of trouble to use his words in a sentence. Gives a bit of insight to his creative writing abilities and his thought processes.
I love that Abbie loves cars. I'm amazed that she doesn't make the car noises. Lucky for you.
I was thinking about the blessing Sunday. I'm looking forward to pictures. I'm so grateful for these blogs. Helps us feel like a part of your lives even though far away.

Allison said...

"Frog in the car and we can't get him out..." That song makes me smile!

My girls have always enjoyed cars, too, but like Abbie's, ours never make noise and almost always go to Grandma's. Vicki has been buying Hot Wheels with her own money. Her cars don't go anywhere, but they do look lovely sitting on her model of the Marquam Bridge!

Kristen said...

Eme does the same thing and I blame Jeremy! She even makes the car sounds as she drives them around. We only have a couple of cars but I am thinking for Christmas she will be getting more! Oh, by the way we are still planning on getting together on the 20th. Jeremy should be in touch with Russ sometime in the next week.