Wait don't answer that. Honestly though what wasI thinking? The truth is I wasn't. I have an eight week old and a two year old and so realistically my brain is only half able to focus on any given situation and half focused on the other screaming child in the background. I don't think I'm insane I just think that the stuff that comes out after the baby is born- that's the brain - and it slowly ( or not so slowly) disappears with each passing child.
Today I thought I would make spaghetti. Easy. Fast. Simple. Yes...you are thinking all true. But wait - I have a two year old. The making of the spaghetti remains the same. Easy. Fast. Simple. Of course this ignores the fact that I have a constant "Mommy, help." in my ear as I do it. (Meaning: Mommy I really want to stand on a chair by the hot stove and "help" you make spaghetti.) As well as an eight week old who decides at this moment to stop from being the angel she is normally and wants nothing more than to be held and screams until she gets what she wants. But I digress.
So the spaghetti is made and served. I even was a good wife/mom and included homemade bread and a salad with the meal (Wherever mom points get posted I was doing really well.) Then must have lost control of my faculties. I actually served the spaghetti to Abbie. Yes...I did. Why you ask? I do not know. I did put a bib on her - an apron actually (so she could "help"make spaghetti remember.) This of course was a mockary to my laundry pile. A weak attempt at covering the mass spillage that inevitably took place.
I do not know if any spaghetti actually made it into Abbie's mouth. She kept asking for more and I - distracted by a screaming Savannah - kept putting it on an emptying plate. There was spaghetti on her chair, the floor, between the apron and her shirt, on the apron, on the shoes, under the booster chair. Hair, face, all covered. I think that my only salvation was that I - in a moment of clarity - aloud her not to have sauce (This however did loose me mommy points.)
Insane? Possibly, I'm too tired to tell.
I just keep telling Russ, "Remember I was smart when you married me."
7 comments:
I am pretty sure we have all been there, but I can't really remember because the part of the brain I have lost, was memory.
you are hilarious!!! can i come hang out at your house one day to watch?
i'll do the laundry. :)
Spaghetti days at our house are also naked days for that reason.
hmmmm. sounds like every meal at our house. ha. okay, maybe not THAT bad.....gotta love being a mom!
GG says you should become a writer. I concur. You & Russ could make quite a team. I love the story and can see it in my mind's eye. You gotta' love it. Hope you got some pictures in between all else that was going on at the time.
Yeah, come on, where are the pictures? I want to see Abbie swimming in spaghetti!
Oh, and I have totally been there.
Post a Comment