Why do my children hate me? Savannah fell asleep at 11:15. I was SO tired. So in order to get a nap I put Abbie down at 12:00. She was exhausted so this shouldn't have been a problem. One final check on Savannah and I am off to go to sleep. But wait. Savannah is WIDE awake just chilling. I take Savannah downstairs. She needed a good nap today so I figured she would be up for 30 minutes or so and then out. Oh no.. she was up for an hour and a half. Just as she is falling asleep I hear Abbie waking up in the other room. Then I have her go downstairs to play for just 15 minutes - I just need to crash for a few minutes. Seven minutes into my nap - Savannah just woke up! Seriously...some days.
6 comments:
Ah, the memories of those days. Oh wait, I still don't ever get to take naps. I feel for ya!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that happened to- but I do feel bad for you. It sucks. Don't worry, I'm sure you will eventually be able to get them on a similar nap schedule. My boys have been on one for about a year, and now EThan is deciding not to need as much of a nap! Having a couple of hours every afternoon with both of them asleep was my salvation - and it will be for you too, when the time comes!
I'm so sorry. I remember those days and look back on them with loathing. Your children don't hate you, but it is quite possible that they are conspiring against you. I swear my children did it to me.
It will come, the day when they both nap at the same time, and you will rejoice. Then you will lay down for a nap yourself...and lie there awake thinking of all the other things you could be doing while the girls are out of the way.
My kids have never had naps together... by the time one new baby comes the one that is just older has stopped napping. I'm sure they will get on the same schedule too and things will be much better.
My kids have never had naps together... by the time one new baby comes the one that is just older has stopped napping. I'm sure they will get on the same schedule too and things will be much better.
Wait until they can voice that to you! And guess what I was just made Nursery leader, I guess I have some lessons to learn in patience.:)
We only need to wait until teenager years, and then we will be dragging them out of bed, and they will be napping after school & church.
Post a Comment