Sunday, March 23, 2014

Return to Normal Life

This week was supposed to be my week to catch-up. My week to return to the natural groove and just get into the flow.

But then there was my epic failure to celebrate St. Patrick's day with enough enthusiasm to satisfy my children. Green milk wasn't nearly enough when the leprechauns visit their classmate's homes. The fallout has lasted for days. Unfortunately, this mom sees no need to add extra candy/make believe characters to her children's holiday calendar.  May my children survive.

Then there were our political party caucus meetings, wherein I was seeking to become a more involved citizen of my country and ended up wishing there were more involved citizens of our country.

Then there was the church Relief Society social that overlapped with my daughter's friend's birthday party. So just as the speaker began what turned out to be a very inspirational and uplifting message, I had to run and pick her up. I returned to the church...just as she was finishing her remarks. At least everyone else was uplifted.

Then there was a surprise double date with my husband and neighbors. Wherein I felt normal in the chaos and tried three new Indian dishes.

Then there was dinner with our family and another friend's who are in town from Belgium. Wherein, Nathan learned how to crawl all over the benches of a nice restaurant and did not yet master the concept of whisper.

Then there was the Saturday wherein I sat down after my kids were in bed and realized it was the only times other than meals that I sat, the entire day.

Then there was today, wherein I realized that all this insanity, constant change and moving targets is my normal life...and I love it.







No comments: