After tomorrow I will have taken Abbie to seek medical care a total of four times...this week. Two doctor visits, one instacare and one emergency room. Asthma sucks. But I think after the E.R. triple cocktail of meds we are finally over the hump.
Last week when all I could do was lie around staying off my knee I became addicted to the YouTube Phenom that is Lizzie Bennett Diaries. Each video is only 3-6 minutes long so I totally had time to watch one (or two, or three, or four). Most of you actually have lives to live so I would recommend skipping through to the ones with the most views but it is pretty fun...if slightly amateur.
For the second half of last week Russ and I got away for a few days. The two highlights (and the order here is really debateable) 1 - Remembering how much fun we have together when we aren't problem solving and dead tired. 2 - Sleeping in as late as we wanted.
Nathan is walking! He is up to six steps! Props little man!
There is nothing like great writing to make me loose patience with poor writing.
Favorite moment of the day: Pushing Savannah on the swing.
Least favorite moment of the day: ER for four hours without a book.
At church a man donated some land for those who want to plant a garden but don't have room. I think eventually we will have something at our house but it will take an overhaul of landscaping that I'm not looking forward to. So tonight about 15 families got together and started making plans. I think I'm as excited about the prospect of gardening with my neighbors as I am about having a garden.
3 comments:
Having a plot at a community garden was one of my favorite things. I'm bummed that we had to give it up. It's so much fun to see what other people are growing, and to have friends and neighbors to chat with while you work.
I'm sorry Abbie's asthma has been acting up. That sucks. Tell her all of us here hope she's on the mend and doesn't have to deal with that again for a long time!
I forgot your surgery was already here and gone! I was going to send you something. :( Hopefully you are recovering quickly though. And hopefully Abbie's asthma will settle a bit.
Exciting about Nate walking though!!
I know a great peds pulmonologist. I just reported to him the medical week and he said, "sounds like she needs to call me." :) hope things improve and seriously, call if you want to.. sorry about the boredom after surgery. I could use a few days of sitting and doing nothing!
Post a Comment