Thursday, January 31, 2013

Random Thoughts Thursday

We have introduced Star Wars to the girls. Abbie likes it. Savannah tolerates it. But what has really turned the girls into fans is Russ's old Star Wars figurines. He has quite the collection. And they are only allowed to play with them when he plays with them. (To make a comparison, I have the same rule with my old American Girl doll. Star Wars figurines..American Girl doll...hmmmm) So now Russ comes home from work to cries of , "Can we play Star Wars My Little Pony?" It is pure awesomeness. 

I forgot what a pain in the neck teething is. Nathan wants to be held. all. the. time.

I suggested a book to my book club that I loved when I read it the first time. But on rereading it I'm just finding it depressing.

Has anyone else finished Downton Abbey Season 3? I need someone to talk to...Pul-lease?

I am getting sick of having nothing on my walls. I think it is because I have been trapped inside my house for the last month due to snow/smog/sick kids. 

Speaking of....my kids got sick again this week. That is the third major illness in six weeks. I am so so ready for this winter to be over. 

I was just offered the chance to overhaul the curriculum for the new course I am teaching. I am so excited! I was planning on doing it anyway because the textbook and set up were an embarrassment..but now I get paid for it! 





3 comments:

Allison said...

What??? How did you get to finish season 3??? Did you tell me this when we talked the other day? I can't remember! I have another friend who's also watched the whole thing - where are you people finding this?!? I was finally able to watch last Sunday's episode yesterday. I don't think I've cried so hard at a TV show in, well, ever. So. not. fair.

Ben and Lisa said...

I just finished the third season. Honestly. I don't think I even want to talk about it. Enough is enough! (But I assure you, if you get me talking about it I'll have plenty to say :) ).

The Woolf Pack said...

I can't believe you finished season 3! I just finished one of the first 3 that was very sad and I am nervous to keep watching. I was hoping we would have a Downton marathon when I came up in March, oh well. Sorry about all the sickness, we had that issue for about a month and a half.