Thursday, January 17, 2013

Random Thoughts Thursday

Siri might be helpful to some people. But around my house the pressing questions are, "What is the longest icicle?" and "Where do seahorses sleep?" Siri don't know nothing about the important things.

Spent the morning making homemade egg rolls with a friend. Can't wait for dinner tonight!

Nathan has been puttering around in his bed before he falls asleep lately. So yesterday during nap time I felt completely justified in ignoring his chatter and letting him crash. It took longer than normal but he finally was silent. A short half hour later he awoke and I discovered why it had taken him longer to fall asleep..... He had pooped. The diaper had leaked. His pants were off and the poop was everywhere. Everywhere.  Hands, feet, clothes, blankets, sheets. And yes, his hand were in his mouth. Ew. Ew. Ew.

I'm still recovering.

Savannah has mixed up the words "honest" and "modest". The other day she came up to me and asked, "Is this shirt honest?" I'm not really sure she understands either concept yet.

Abbie has been picking up books and reading them of her own accord! I couldn't be more excited. Thank heavens for Junie B. Jones!

Poor Edith!!

Nathan's eardrum ruptured this week. It explained his extreme fussiness, inability to sleep, and 103 temperatures. This is the third ear infection in as many months. I am so, SO, done with them.

You should never ask college freshman to write a commentary on a newspaper article for a political science class. Ever. Unless you want to be very depressed at the state of the nation and  the educational system in one fell swoop.


3 comments:

B said...

I would venture a guess that it would depend on WHICH college freshman you asked to write that paper. :)

P.S. I am most defintely going to start asking people if my clothing items are honest . . . that cracks me up! I love that little girl of yours!!

Allison said...

I am so SO grateful that none of my kids ever played with the contents of their diaper. Ew ew ew indeed.

Poor little buddy with the eardrum, though! Has the Dr said anything about tubes? I think when Lexi had them put in (and she was about his age), she had been having ear infections for three months, pretty much straight. We'd tried every antibiotic there was, including one that I had to bring her to the Dr's office three days in a row for them to inject. It was so miserable for all of us, and then she got the tubes put in, and it was like night and day.

And yes, poor Edith!

The Woolf Pack said...

That Nathan story is my worst nightmare! I don't handle poo or boogers well. I can see why you would still be recovering. :)

I love catching up on all your posts. We got the flu and are just starting to feel better, so hopefully I can be better at keeping up!