I've debated about posting anything at all this week. My life obviously wasn't directly affected by last week's events, but my heart was. I have avoided the news much of this last week because I cry every time I listen. My prayers are with the families, first responders, and the community in Connecticut My opinions, my civic duty and expectations of my elected representatives and my desires have been steeled in their resolve.
My blog is different. I conscientiously avoid posting my political or social opinions. It isn't that I don't have them or that I don't feel them strongly. But I want this blog to be for family and friends and a memoir to my children a peek into our life and the joy of our family. Not a place for debate or social commentary. There are plenty of venues for such discussions and I believe them to be important. This just isn't one of them. (Sorry, my house, my rules.)
However, this week I can't share flippant, random, or hilarious peeks into my life, for 27 families have lost the ability to have those moments. So consider this my (long and wordy but loving) moment of silence.
1 comment:
Props for staying silent. I didn't quite have that self control.
Post a Comment