Thursday, December 13, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

I actually sent out Christmas cards this year!! Most of you do this every year so it is no big accomplishment but I am pretty darn proud of myself. If you don't get one in the next few days it is because I don't have your address. Email me so I can send you one.

In the last week and a half I have paid for six doctor's visits, one chest x-ray, a myriad of prescriptions and finally....finally have no weazing children and only minimal coughs. But of course now Russ and I are sick. My voice switches between a man voice, a nine hundred number voice, and a squeaky mouse.

A husband of one of the random bloggers I follow was just diagnosed with cancer. I don't know this person at all. I found them by accident, and am still so incredibly saddened for him, her, and their family.

One of our Christmas traditions is to drive around and look at Christmas lights. A few years ago we started rating some houses to try to help the girls choose a favorite. But rather then helping them pick a favorite it has  devolved into them judging houses, and being concerned about how people will judge our house. "Mom! People will drive right by our house and give us a 0!" (We have no Christmas lights up at all.) Yes. Yes. Apparently I am not only teaching my children to judge others by their appearance, but also to be very sensitive to others' judgement. Because I am an awesome mom.

Don't worry,  I just keep racking up the mom points. While on the drive Abbie starts developing a scheme to sell her homemade crafts door to door. I try to turn the focus to cookies (which people will find value in) to no avail. After about a 15 minute discussion, Abbie sighs.."What I really want.....is money." Yup...I'm teaching materialism too.

That said I am getting pretty excited for Christmas. I hope, hope, hope, think I nailed this year!

No comments: