Friday, May 11, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday (Friday Edition)

Yesterday we closed on our house! And today everything was sent, recorded, and signed! So now we are officially in a lot of debt.....and homeowners! (Yes, the overuse of exclamation marks is necessary here.)

As I've looked back over this process to get to this home that has been years and years in coming, it has reaffirmed my belief that God knows me, loves me, and His plan for my life is so much better than the plan I keep praying up to Him day after day.

Today I made a goofy comment to my girls as we were driving to the store. Abbie asked, "Mom are you being funny?"

 "Yes," I replied, "I was just being silly."

To which, she said, "I'll move you up to a two on silly. Daddy is, well, he is about 100, I am 90, Savannah is 80, and you are 2....well you can be 20......no you are 2 on silly." Clearly my whit is lost on my children. It did however make me laugh. A lot.

I think we are going to buy this couch from Macys. It's taken me awhile to not think that it looks like a restaurant bench or a grandma couch.  My husband and a few others have...almost convinced me it is the trend of the future.

Well the kids are hungry, gotta run!



5 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

I LOVE the couch!

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm with Lisa, Russ, and whoever else like it. I think it rocks!

Michelle said...

Love the couch too and I will give you at least a 50 on the silly scale :)

delagray said...

I love the "silly" conversation

Mona said...

I just hope you're not getting the couch in white-probably the gray since you have kids :) the silly conversation was awesome!