Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

We are now the proud owners of a mini van. After being scarred during college from my experience at a car dealership, I was terrified to deal with dealers, car salesmen or the number of random fees and taxes that I couldn't keep track of. It has been an odd experience because generally I'm not a person that is easily intimidated, but I really was in this case.Thankfully Russ handled everything from the shopping to the dealer to the barginning and now we have a pretty darn awesome car that we got at a great deal.  Pictures forthcoming.

Now we just need to have this little boy and buy a house and my goals for the year are complete. My vote is after those two things happen I should get to take the rest of the year off..........Yeah. I know.

I just cut out some fabric to make some bigger blankets to swaddle the baby in. Does anyone else think the receiving blankets you buy in the store are too small? They work great to swaddle newborns, but after a month they don't fit the bill.

On the way to the car dealership this morning Savannah asked, "What are we going to put it [the car] in? It wont fit in a box or a bag." It was so cute how she was trying to figure it all out.

So far, America's Test Kitchen's 30 Minute Meals cookbook has been a roaring success. This week the adults all loved the Cream of Asparagus Soup, and everybody loved the Butternut Squash and Parmesan over ravioli. Abbie ate as much as Russ, which is a big deal. The Spaghetti Carbenara last week was loved by the adults, and I think would have been a bigger hit with the kids if we hadn't used whole wheat pasta. This is a great cookbook for when I don't have the time/energy to do a more elaborate meal. (Which is turning into all the time.)

4 comments:

Allison said...

What kind of van did you get??? Come on, you can't not tell us that!

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm excited you found a van! I do have to perfect blankets for you, I will send them up asap. They are the perfect size and wrap so nicely.

delagray said...

I loved the video
I shouldn't go so long between reading blogs, but, alas, I do. I thought maybe you would have posted the name you have chosen. Russ told me a few weeks ago that this discussion was to be had right after our phone conversation. Obviously, he wasn't up to being helpful. :o) You've got to admit that he's somewhat original. Love your posts and pictures as always

Mona said...

Hooray for Vans! I hope you like your as much as we surprisingly like ours. I totally agree with the blankets- they last minutes for my kids and in my parenting class I told people never to buy them. Good luck with labor and the days until then!