I will be induced next Thursday so I'm just guessing that unless this little man comes earlier (which would be totally fine by me) there will be no random thoughts next Thursday. They took an ultra-sound last week and it said he was already seven pounds. Apparently later ultra-sounds are not as accurate. However the tech told me that while he might not weigh quite that much the measurement was coming out that big because his head was extra large. Fantastic.
Some people (my siblings) seem to think that they get a vote on this baby's name. Let me just explain. Everyone is Puerto Rico. You get to vote, but it doesn't count.
Since my induction date got moved up last week I've spent the week trying to get everything done I "need" to get done before the baby comes. Unfortunately, every day I remember new things.
Savannah has been telling her friend's parents that her baby brother is going to come out of my bum, just like her poop. I don't regret the family discussion we had, just that it has to be repeated to whoever happens to be around.
I am being slowly converted to a mini-van mom. I'll be honest every time I look at the van I cringe internally, knowing I am driving such a large vehicle. But whenever I am driving it, or buckling kids in, or shuttling them places I am loving it.
My sister-in-law just texted me to tell me my Girl Scout cookies are in the mail. My already decent day just got supremely better.
4 comments:
good luck next week - can't wait to see pics of the new little guy and see what his name will be.
my vote is for Juan Pedro, in honor of Puerto Rico.
:)
Trust me, the conversion is a quick one. My van is my best friend. I do feel funny in the community college parking lot, among all the Corollas and Civics, but other than that, it's the perfect car for me!
Based on Savannah's reaction to the "how does baby get out?" talk, I imagine your sex talks with the girls when they're older will be similar to ours. Abbie will be like Vicki, cringing and wanting to know when it will be over, and Savannah will be like Lexi, who I'm choosing to believe was just amazed at the way the human body works. Good luck.
And by the way, I'm still waiting to see pictures of the new minivan, but I'm even more excited to see pictures of my new nephew!
Savannah sounds like one of my kids. Once they knew the truth, they seemed grossed out that that was how they came into the world.
I can't believe you are already at the end! I know you probably feel like it dragged on, but I never got to see you in person while you were noticeably pregnant. I can't wait to meet the new family member.
How exciting! I hope everything goes well on Thursday.
Post a Comment