Insert any rant you have heard/felt/thought by yourself/friends/sisters/sister-in-laws/co-workers/aunts about being nine months pregnant. It would probably describe how I'm feeling this morning.
I have watched the first two episodes of Downton Abby. While I almost never get on a TV show bandwagon, this is a great show. (I think the last series I watched in full was Gillmore Girls and by the time I got to it, it was in reruns on cable. I don't even really know if lots of people watched it or not.) Before you dismiss it, just think. This is a Masterpiece Theater show. PBS. And it is trendy. When has that ever happened?
I have a head cold that is keeping my nasal passages pretty well plugged. In a desperate attempt to clear them so I could get some sleep last night I boiled some water and sat over it with a towel over my head for ten minutes. It only helped my nose slightly, but my face felt so soft afterward. I would never have thought it would help my skin as much as it did.
My sister-in-law told me that the Girl Scout cookies that her daughters sell are going to be here in under a week. It is really sad how much I have thought about that wonderful piece of news since she told me.
Last night I did a library run to browse and get some books just for me. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember anything anyone has recommended in the last little while (bummer) so the quality of the results of the raid have yet to be determined.
4 comments:
First of all, thank you for reminding me that it's Thursday. I tend to forget that fact lately.
Second, I thought you were going to say you tried a Neti Pot. I want someone I know and love to try one before I do, because the idea frankly scares me and grosses me out at the same time. But I do hear it works wonders.
Third, oddly, the word verification I'm getting here is the very same one I just entered to post a comment to Epbot. Very strange.
EM, I love love love Downton Abbey. I watched the first season in one sitting. It is so good and the second season is possibly even better.
Gilmore Girls. I heart that show. My sister has watched that series so many times. It has gotten her through a divorce, a miscarriage and a pretty bad break up. It is healing.
I miss you guys a lot. Wishing you all the best (especially with the new baby coming).
Love Downton Abbey! But hate:
1-By the end of season 2, nothing is resolved, you're left hanging.
2-The writing starts to go downhill. First season, amazing writing, second season, ehhhh.(Although I still watched the whole thing, hoping they didn't leave you hanging!)
I don't neti pot. Never will. Stew does it frequently and so will Grace and Andrew. Can't do it, just can't!
Haven't seen that show yet. Maybe I will have to try it out. When do we get to see some pregnant pics? Come on, once you aren't pregnant is nice to have some pictures to look back at. :)
Your pink eye post was funny...I can't believe they just assumed she had pink eye.
Post a Comment