Friday I got a call from Abbie's school. She had pink eye and was waiting in the front office for me to pick her up.
I was surprised. We've been dealing with colds all week but I hadn't seen anything wrong with her eyes when I had sent her to school a few hours earlier. So while I was extremely skeptical, I realized I didn't have much of a choice and began the 25 minute drive to pick her up. (We've kept her at her old school during our stay at my parents because 1- It is most likely we will be moving again before the school year is up and didn't think she would like that much transition 2 - Her teacher is AMAZING!) Meanwhile, I made an appointment with the doctor's office, just in case.
Upon arrival I met Abbie in the front office looked at her eyes and......saw nothing. I asked the secretary and showed her the lack of pinkness. She apologized and said that 25 minutes ago Abbie's eye had been incredibly pint.
"Was she rubbing it?"
"Yes."
"Sometimes when kids rub their eyes, they turn pink."
"Yeah."
Umm.....Yeah.
I was unwilling to repeat the nearly hour drive a few hours later and checked her out. (The office was very understanding.) I thought that Abbie would be excited to have an unexpected short day. Surprisingly, she complained about missing out, and kept asking why she had to leave early.
This morning as she was getting ready for school, she complained about having to go and how much she didn't like school (specifically writing). .
Once again, I can not win. Ever.
3 comments:
You will never win. It's better that you resign yourself to this fact now. Trust me.
ps - you are hilarious! i love your blog - and your new blog background.
Oh brother! Glad I am not the only one.
Post a Comment