I think my kids think that I have superpowers. Well not super exactly, but special abilities that they somehow do not possess. I am here to make it perfectly clear, my children, that these are not super powers. In fact, if you put forth any effort at all each and every member of my household can accomplish the said tasks with ease. (Okay maybe not the youngest member.)
Some of these tasks include...
1 - Changing out an old toilet paper roll for a new one. Amazingly enough, the packages of new toilet paper lay just a few feet from where the rolls sit. In a matter of seconds you too, my children, could change out the toilet paper roll.
2 - Pouring their cereal from a Costco size box. Now I realize this is a little more difficult, and occasionally there might be some spills, but unless you keep trying you will never master this skill.
3 - (Savannah) Wiping your own bum. You are 3 1/2 . It is time.
4 - Picking up towels after a bath/shower. Right now mom's super powers are a little weakened. Trust me when I say that it is easier for you to pick up anything on the floor than it is for me.
So what super powers do your kids think you have?
6 comments:
HAHAHAHA! We are having the same problem with the wiping bum thing. And I think all of them are problems at times. (We had a full on "how to hang up your towel and put your clothes in the dirty clothes" Family Home Evening one night.) So glad it's not just us! Good luck with the baby! So excited for you.
What? I totally thought you have super powers! :) Good luck on Thursday. Let me know if you need anything. Miss you!
I love this idea and will probably steal it for a blog post of my own soon! Just FYI :) (it's not stealing if I tell you first, right?)
My kids are convinced that I have the power to make dinner appear at a moment's notice.
And also the power to conjure up fishy crackers from nothing. Yes, Jesus turned water to wine and fed 5000 with just a handful of fish, but, sadly, He didn't see fit to transfer those powers to His followers.
I can make a drink or bathroom appear out of thin air! I don't remember ever doing this, but they still ask for these things at a stoplight or in the middle of the desert like I can...so I must be able to. :)
I am so excited for you guys, I am sad I can't be up there.
Love it!! On a side note- Best wishes for a smooth and quick induction tomorrow!! I can't wait to see pictures of your BOY!! :)
I don't know about the kids but my husband thinks a magic village of dishwasher emptying gnomes live in our kitchen. He is always baffled that the dishes magically end up back in the cupboards. :)
Post a Comment