Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random Gray Family Updates

First, after seventeen months on the market, our house is finally under contract!!! There are still a few more steps we need to take before I am allowed by my husband, realtor, family to pack, we really get moving forward. But I am excited and nervous. If all goes well, we will be moving on the 12th of November.

Second, I’ve had some weird breathing issues this last week with pregnancy. At Abbie’s school one day I couldn’t complete one line of the national anthem without needing to pause and catch my breath. My friends I’ve talked to have all told me that they had similar issues during their pregnancy so I hadn’t worried about it, even though I don’t remember anything like that from my earlier pregnancies until the third trimester. The next day while packing up a few boxes doing some light cleaning, (Truthfully the box packing was light, I promise,)  I became so out of breath I had to stop altogether, for awhile. I literally could not keep moving. It felt like a book was sitting on my lungs. I called the doctor fully expecting to be told it was normal, take it easy, or my blood pressure might be high, or to come into the office.

What I was not expecting was to be told that I needed to drop everything and go to the ER immediately.  After a little bit of arguing with the nurse I did as I was told and spent the afternoon undergoing every test possible on my heart and lungs (except a CAT scan). When I came back with mostly normal test results, they sent me home.  Needless to say with all the warnings, “Call us if…”, and stress from the hopefully pending home sell, it has been an interested couple of days.

Do you remember being breathless during your pregnancy ? (I mean before the baby was kicking into your lungs and their was no room in there.) Was it so bad you couldn't function? This is getting a little frustrating.

3 comments:

JennyLynn said...

I never experienced anything like that... I hope everything is okay! Good luck with the house! Very exciting. A pregnancy isn't complete unless you have to move sometime during the 9 months. =)

delagray said...

Haven't heard of it. Pregnancy can be so strange. I'm grateful that your tests are normal. My heart is still beating hard after reading the symptoms and then the visit to ER

Becky said...

I had weird breathing stuff but turns out it was wheat related. I hope you figure out what is going on. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck with the house too!