Today is Abbie's 5th birthday. We threw her an Artist Party. The girls colored puppets, painted butterflies, played Pictionary and Artist Relay, and decorated pizzas and cupcakes. (They also attacked and tackled Russ but that wasn't specifically on the agenda.) I don't know what everyone thought, but Abbie was in heaven. Abbie has blossomed this year. She has developed such a strong sense of who she is and what she loves. And what she loves is art. She loves to draw, color (markers and crayons), paint and sculpt. She loves color and beauty. It is so fun to see her becoming so passionate about art and artwork.
Abbie is still my peacemaker and tender heart. She takes such good care of her sister and takes great pains to make sure that the people around her are happy. She is so concerned and caring of those around her. Abbie has also continued her love of learning. She is always looking at and questioning new things. She is a great reader and loves stories. Throughout the year she was obsessed with the Magic Treehouse series and only recently transfered that obsession to Geronimo Stilton and the American Girl Series. This year in her preschool programs she did a wonderful job on her speaking parts.
I love my Abs so much and feel very lucky to be her mom!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Abbie! All of us here love you and wish we could be there to celebrate this exciting day with you!
What a fun party, Mackenzie would love something like that! I can't believe how much you have going on. I'm excited to hear how your race went. Happy Bday Abbie & Happy Anniversary you guys!!
I'm trying to convince everyone to go on a Disney trip in January with us, so you should start working on Russ right now. :)
Post a Comment