Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Now that the park service has cleared out the thorns on the bike trail near our house, we've been taking family bike rides to a nearby park in the evenings. This is as close to nirvana as my life gets. It is beautiful!

Why can't I write two lines without getting interrupted by children? Oh, yes I'm a mom.

No one seems to comment on my recipe posts. I don't know why this is.

I am one of the crazy few looking forward to fall. I'm a little tired of the super-hot temperatures that keep us in-doors. I love the crisp autumn air, the still-comfortable temperatures, the changing leaves, and the idea of cooking all sorts of comfort food in my kitchen!


I have three princesses running around my house today. One keeps telling me detailed descriptions about their adventures then quizzes me later. I'd better pay better attention.

I'm looking for a good book to read, any ideas?

School starts in a few weeks. I'm getting excited to teach again.

"Cleaning a house while children are growing is like shoveling your driveway while it is still snowing." This has been my mantra for the week. I'm snowed in.

I have all the ingredients for Orange Chocolate Fallen Cakes sitting in my pantry. Hmmmmm......


Russ is on a business trip. I miss him.





 (From our visit to the National Arboretum.)

3 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I like the cleaning house quote. I may have to hang that up somewhere in mine.
I love your recipe posts, don't stop doing them. It gives me lots of inspiration (and sometimes just makes me hungry.) :)
can't wait to see you guys, we will be there for a week and a half. Plenty of time to plan some fun stuff.

JennyLynn said...

Don't stop the recipe posts! Recipes are some of my favorite things to read! I think they should be adopted as their own genre in the literary world. And you pick such wonderful ones.

Lindsay said...

I too love your recipe posts!! See the comment left on your previous food blog! I just haven't been getting on blogger too much this summer... Obvious, right? Since I've not blogged!! :) I love all of your posts!! And fabulous recipes! Thanks, and keep it up! :)