We've started Abbie in swimming lessons, which she is loving. Unfortunately, Savannah is not old enough to be in the lessons and has a really hard time watching her sister. Yesterday they let me sit in the pool with Savannah during the class, but the kids kept coming over to us and the teacher asked us to stop distracting the class. Sigh.
I am ready for summer.
I just finished reading My Life in France by Julia Child. I am so impressed and intimidated by her dedication to creating perfect recipes, searching out the best way to teach people to love to cook, and her zest for life. It is an okay book about an extraordinary woman.
I found a recipe for Lemon Glaze Cookies. My hope is to wait until next week to make them so I don't OD on cookies this week. I don't know if I will make it.
What are your favorite summer recipies? Maybe if I start cooking the food it will come.
I should have put Abbie in the once a week swimming class for six weeks rather than the two week, three times a week class. Oh well.
Have you read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand? I thoroughly enjoyed it. I widowed British major falls for the Pakistani shop-keeper (also widowed) in their small English town. Love it.
I started biking again last night. My butt hurts.
3 comments:
Ummm, I love anything Lemon and those cookies sound divine! Please share the recipe.
I am almost done with the book that I had to read. I am excited to pick up that book next! Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm sorry your butt hurts. :)
I'm glad that Abbie is loving the swim lessons. Dax and Kenzie love taking swim lessons. It's especially fun when they can start taking them outside.
Thanks for the book idea, I have been looking for one.
Those pictures of your girls is so cute! I was just going to email that French bread recipe to U and realized I don't have your email address. Will send it to me?
Post a Comment