Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well it has been long enough that I can announce - Savannah is sleeping through the night! !!!We started two weeks ago and after three rough nights seemed to be doing pretty good. Then we went out of town and had to start over. But I think it is official. Yippee!!! Yippee!! Yippee!! (As you know from previous complaining, this really does deserve three yells of glorious joy.) Not surprisingly I have more energy than I ever remember having, and Russ has commented that I have been much more pleasant to be around.

This last weekend we went to St. George with my family for Easter. We went hiking in Snow Canyon, rode four-wheelers over sand dunes, swam at a local rec center, colored eggs, found eggs, and tried to teach the true meaning of Easter. Sadly though after all of this effort (and driving I might add), Abbie's favorite part was playing Mario cart on Uncle Britton's Wii with Uncle Blaine.

I love the new reusable grocery bags. Not only do I feel like I'm helping the environment, but they hold more stuff, organize it better, work great for carrying library books, have better handles, and make for less trips from my car once I get home. Now only if I could remember to get them out of the car before I shop.
Savannah is getting her first teeth, and is very well behaved about it.

We didn't bring the camera to St. George so I don't have any pictures of our trip or of the girls in their dresses. Clearly I am failing as a mother.

9 comments:

JennyLynn said...

Don't worry, I didn't get pictures of my boys in Easter dresses either. =) To be honest, I am really glad that I have boys so I don't have to buy Easter dresses!

The Woolf Pack said...

Congrats on Savannah. I will be joining the sleep deprived mother's once again, so I will be very jealous.
Glad you had a great Easter. Just take some pictures of the girls in their dresses on some random day and pretend it was on Easter. That's what I end up doing sometimes.

Leah said...

You're girls are so beautiful! I found you from the schipps blog, hope you don't mind. :)

delagray said...

I do love the pictures you put in, even though they aren't from St George.
I say "Yippee" for your sake and, I must admit, I'm grateful for it for me, too.
Ahhhh, a full night of sleep. What a treat.
Congrats on the tooth, Savannah!

Chelle and Aaron said...

Yeah a good night's sleep at last! Maybe now you will remember those grocery bags better...I never remember mine even though I love them and curse myself every time I have to go home with stupid plastic ones instead.

Allison said...

Yay Savannah!!! Isn't sleep wonderful?

Ellie usually remembers the grocery bags for me, believe it or not. That is, if I remember to tell her where we're going first!

The Steeds said...

Forgot your camera? You are failing as a mother. :) (Truth-- it is nice to know that I am not the only one that does silly things like that!)

Mona said...

Congrats on the sleep!! It is amazing what a good nights rest will do for anyone-- hooray for you!!! BTW Your girls are so cute--- I love that Savannah is a clone of Abbie!

peter said...

I am so glad about the sleeping thing, that is big! Yea for sleep.