I have tried to limit the amount of TV my kids watch at home. Not eliminate, but limit. I figure I didn't quit my job to let the TV raise them. That said we do like PBS Kids at our house. I had thought I had done a pretty good job of limiting the amount of TV until I heard Abbie say while playing with her cars, "One call, that's all!" Not doing as well as I had thought.
Tonight is the night ladies and gentlemen (Are there any gentlemen reading this blog (besides Russ?)). The semester is over. Russ doesn't need to be teaching at 7:15 a.m. anymore. It is time to teach Savannah that she is capable of sleeping for 11-12 hours without a nighttime feeding. She is 8 1/2 months old. It is WAY past time. Wish us luck my friends we are going to need it.I am very afraid.Bangs?

Or no bangs?
We have reached a point where a decision must be made about Abbie's bangs. Let your voice be heard on this pressing issue of the day. Be involved. Take a stand. (Or not. It is really up to you.)I just realized that Abbie looks rather sad in these pictures. Those are just the pictures that showed the hair choices the best. She is a happy kid. I promise.
I love teaching my American Government class. I love seeing kids get excited about learning and the way they can have a voice in the issues that affect them. I love helping them get up close and personal with policy issues and realize that coming up with viable solutions is not as simple as they (or any political commentators) seem to think. And yet despite that difficulty good solutions can be found, and if they don't like what is being proposed they can do something about it. I love when they see that discussion and not divisive debate help move good policy forward both as a county and as people. And I love that the semester is over and I get my Thursday nights to myself (well as much as I get any night to myself).
6 comments:
I vote no bangs. Not necessarily because she looks better without (I can't decide which way looks cuter, to be honest), but because bangs are way too high-maintenance for me. But then again, that's just me. Vicki says yes to bangs.
And Savannah has unicorn hair!
Bangs!
And good luck!
:)
I say bangs... I think little girls are cute with bangs.
I like the bangs. With Zie I just waited until she was a bit older and was willing to grow them out without making a big stink about them.
Congrats to Russ, how did grading the finals go? Does he do a final?
That is hilarious that Abbie said the "one call, that's all" commercial. Dax sings the Glen Lerner commercials down here (another attorney)
I love the bangs, too.
My goodness, how Savannah has grown. I love her little ponytail. All of the pictures of the girls are cute. Love the cute look on S's face in the right hand picture. :)
bangs are a pain. but that said, I like them and say go for it. if you change your mind you can pin them back with a barrette.(sp?)
good luck with the sleep training! And I have to laugh about the t.v. thing. Sydney used to tell me which products I "needed" to buy to make my house sparkly clean.
Post a Comment